Should You Use Fiverr For Video?
Disclaimer: We are a video services company - so there might be some bias, but we tried to look at Fiverr objectively and see what the pro’s and con’s are to using Fiverr for video.
Wait, What’s Fiverr?
Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelancers all around the world. If you are a business owner or creative, you’ve probably seen their ads for pretty much any time of job including graphic design, digital marketing, writing and translation, music and audio, programming and tech, business, lifestyle, and video & animation.
Pros to Using Fiverr
1. The website is very easy to navigate.
2. There is plenty of information from the seller. You can check out ratings and reviews of each freelancer and see their level of expertise.
3. The Price. Fiverr built their brand off of being cheaper than the competition with a starting rate of only $5.
4. Fiverr has a lot of freelancers to work with. If you click on any type of service you can look through hundreds of people willing to do the job you want.
Cons to Using Fiverr
1. Fiver has a LOT of freelancers to work with. You and your brand are very important so you want to make sure you find the right person that can make your brand shine and finding the right artist to work with can be overwhelming!
2. Quality isn’t always guaranteed. Anybody can get started on Fiverr and as with anything else - you get what you pay for. There are very talented people on the site but there are also a lot of people who aren’t as qualified as they may make themselves seem.
3. The Price. Fiverr is a middleman and the way they keep their lights on is through fees. Freelancers only get 80% of the transaction (including tips!) and you also may incur some fees as well, like service fees or withdrawal fees. Here are some helpful links if you’d like to research further.
4. Working with freelancers can be difficult. If you don’t use the same freelancer on every project, there can be a lack of consistency for your brand. Each freelancer will have their own process, the number of revisions they include, ways of communicating, etc. Also, many of them are specialized so they are very good in one area but for a well-rounded video, you’ll need more of a team to get the job done.
So Back to the Initial Question: Should You Use Fiverr for Videos? Well...Maybe.
All in all, I think that Fiverr does have some uses for video marketing. I think you should use Fiverr for specific parts of your video. You can use Fiverr to find someone to animate the title or end card of your YouTube Channel or to outsource some video editing jobs - if you do your research and find a seller that you are very impressed with.
However, I think that you should not trust a Fiverr freelancer to create an entire animated video. I think that your brand is too valuable and for $5-$995, you will not get the right quality, time, and attention to detail that you should for a video from start to finish.
There are companies like The Bear's Den that have teams devoted to spending the time and effort it takes to make sure your brand’s video stands out. We handle the script, give you a storyboard and multiple drafts to make sure we create the perfect video for you - something that unfortunately you won’t be able to find on Fiverr.
If you’re looking for an animated explainer video, click here to learn more about what we can offer you.